Monday, July 23, 2012

A Little Vacation from Vacation


It is hard to believe that summer is almost over.  Megan, Gizmo, and I will soon be heading back to the 'Lou for our second year.  

Before heading back though, I was able to go on one last little adventure to Gunnison, Colorado. I drove up with one part of my family to visit another part of my family.

The first night we stayed at one of my uncle's cabin, which is just south of town.

It has a killer view.

I made the mistake of leaving my camera behind one day and came back to find....well....this.....:

Myself and a few of my cousins went on an awesome fourteen-mile hike one day to a place called Copper Lake.

In front of Gothic Mountain.


When we were about a half-mile from the top we got caught in a rain/hail storm. We took shelter in the nearby trees and had lunch.

Up at the lake.

My cousin, Ryan, is strong enough to push over trees.  Here he is by his conquest.

Trying to use the timer on my camera proved to be a humorous undertaking.

We eventually got it.

On our last day in town we went to a local art fair and then tossed the frisbee around.

We drove home over Cottonwood Pass.  It is one of my favorite drives in the entire state and I recommend it to everyone.

From the top of Cottonwood.




No comments:

Post a Comment