My most notable "Teacher Firsts" in the past two weeks were when I...
...finished a student's rap of "Forever" by Drake (my class was speechless).
...free-styled to one of my students about how he needed to quit making pen beats on his desk and get back to work (to the pen beat he was making at that time).
...gotten totally off track with my students, but in the good way (We were talking about the Articles of Confederation but ended up talking about the national debt, international economics, and why so much of what we buy is made in China. The conversation we had made my week!).
Overall it has been a good experience and I am excited for where the year will go!
This is my classroom.
I am fortunate enough to have this sweet SmartBoard!
In other news...
This is the "Please pick up after your pet" sign at our apartment complex. Megan and I are still confused about who is actually the one pooping in this picture.
After recommendations from multiple people, I finally took the bra off of my car with some help from my brother-in-law. It's like getting a new car only cheaper.
Megan and I scored some free tickets to a Cardinals game through TFA. It is a pretty sweet field, plus our team won (that is to say, the Cardinals lost)!
Megan was shocked to find a ranch dispenser next to the ketchup and mustard. Who knew ranch was in high enough demand at a sporting event to necessitate its own dispenser.
What would a blog post from St. Louis be without a stereotypical picture with The Arch in the background? You all know how I like to conform ;-).



you're a cool dude, luke :)
ReplyDeletei can totally see you and megan @ kayak's cafe in st. louis...your sister took me there FOREVER ago, and i still remember it being dang rad. no smartboard, but a lovely atmosphere all the same.